“That was fun!” was overheard by a guest leaving the 2017 TBOWIT Annual Awards Dinner held this past October 26th at the Tampa Yacht Club. It was quite the evening! TBOWIT stands on three pillars: networking, education, and scholarship and all three were touched at this wonderful gathering. Emcee, TBOWIT President, Christyna Doege, led the program, which included the following (in order of appearance)
- Watching a Brazilian fashion exhibition put on by Patricia Lacognata, Couture Trading Co.
- Listening to an enlightening panel discussion with three immigrants to the U.S. all leaders in their field: Patricia Lacognata, Couture Trading; Martha Arellano, Bank of America, Haim Goldenberg, Cyber Car Store - Moderated by Olga Pina, TBOWIT immediate past president
- Surprising Olga Pina with a 20-year TBOWIT service award (!)
- Happily awarding scholarships to two deserving students who are going far
Undergrad: Isabelle Eugene, USF
Graduate: Winnie Mulamba, USF
- Listening to Alexandra Reichert, graduate of Academy of Holy Names and soon Dartmouth as she explained how she used her scholarship to work with underserved women in Ecuador.
- The Highlight of the evening – awarding the International Person of the Year to Honorable Pasco County Commissioner Kathryn Starkey who had an awesome acceptance speech!
Thank you to all of our sponsors!